“your specific needs for this book”
From: “Gary Baddeley” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: 11/25/2003 2:59:44 PM
Cc: “Richard Metzger” <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: RE: da vinci code decoded
Brian, my thoughts on this are not fully formed, but loosely:
· A pop culture easy to read “guide to” the Da Vinci Code (DVC) to help all the purchasers of DVC (especially the mass market edition) who have no idea whether it’s based on accurate research or not.
· Focus on the “facts” underlying DVC and compare it to historical research in those areas (eg Priory of Sion, Templars, Roslyn, Grail, Opus Dei, etc.).
· Probably each of the various topics could be a chapter, with the gospel according to Dan Brown analyzed by Martin. · Small format –may be even smaller than 8×5”· No more than 200 pages, may be a bit less.
· Some illustrations and / or photos, but library or PD stuff as I don’t think we can afford to spend much in that area.
· I’d like to release it around the mass market paperback release date of DVC, which is 6/1/04. We’ re late on that of course, so I’d need to find out from Martin how soon he could turn it in. If he could do it really quickly, for delivery in the early part of 2004, I’d love that.
· Price of the mass market edition is $7.99, so I’d like to try to keep DVC Decoded low price too.
The Disinformation Company Ltd.
207 West 25th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10001
—–Original Message—-From: Brian Albert [mailto:email@example.com]Sent: Monday, November24, 20034:58PMTo: Gary Baddeley Subject: Re: davinci code decoded
I’m sure Martin will get through the Da Vinci Code in no time. With his extensive knowledge of the subject matter he will have plenty to say about it. Tell me all you can about your specific needs for this book.
How long were you thinking it should be? What are the book dimensions going to be? Were you looking for a step by step explanation of plot elements in The Da Vinci Code, or more of abroad over view of the Priory of Sion / Rennes-le-Chateau / Grail saga? What kind of time frame are you looking at? I know you would like the publication to coincide with the film, but when would you like to have the final manuscript in?
I got the impression from Richard that you wanted this to be a short book, perhaps about 200 pages. I assume you were thinking of printing in a smaller format than “The Book of Lies”, perhaps 8×5″ or 6×9″. Is this correct?
Martin is supposed to get back to me in the next day or so with his ideas. When I hear from him I’ll let you know. I’m glad we’re getting this project up and running. It sounds like it is a great idea.
From -Tue Nov 25 16:09:23 2003 X-UIDL: 1aoMar7jE3NZFkN0X-Mozilla-Status: 0011 X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000 Status: U Return-Path: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Received: from durga.drak.net ([126.96.36.199])
by swallow (EarthLink SMTP Server) with ESMTP id 1aoMar7jE3NZFkN0 for <email@example.com>; Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:00:23 -0800 (PST)
Received: from mr4.ash.ops.us.uu.net (mr4.ash.ops.us.uu.net [188.8.131.52]) by durga.drak.net (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id hAPNw38m000691 for <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:58:10 -0500
Received: from mischievous by mr4.ash.ops.us.uu.net with ESMTP (peer crosschecked as: [184.108.40.206]) id QQpqjz11293;Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:59:43 GMT
From: “Gary Baddeley” <email@example.com> To: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: “‘Richard Metzger'” <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: RE: da vinci code decoded Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:59:44 -0500 Message-ID: <01bf01c3b3a7$d42a2cf0$0baf573f@mischievous>MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary=”—-=_NextPart_000_01C0_01C3B37D.EB5424F0″X-Priority: 3 (Normal)X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook, Build 10.0.2616 In-Reply-To: <3FC27ED8.email@example.com> Importance: Normal X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106